Dr. Andrew J. Yu
Telephone: (931) 393-7529
Fax: (931) 393-7201
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- M.S. Operations Research, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- M.S. Systems Science, Louisiana State University
- 1999, PhD. Industrial Engineering, Louisiana State University
- (2013 – Present) Associate Professor, University of Tennessee Space Institute, Tullahoma, TN, Information and Industrial Engineering/Engineering Management
- (2007-2013) Assistant Professor, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, Department of Engineering Management, Information, and Systems
- (2006-2007) Assistant Professor, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Department of Construction Management and Industrial Engineering
- (2000 – 2006) Solution Architect , i2 Technologies, Dallas, TX,
- Computer Manager, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Lecturer, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Department of Decision Sciences, Management School
Operations Research and Systems Engineering, specifically in supply chain and logistics optimization, assignment and scheduling, supply chain and logistics systems engineering, requirement engineering and optimization, and systems of systems performance prediction.
At i2 Technologies, Dr. Yu had provided educational and implementation consultation to many companies such as IBM, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, Cardinal Health, etc. for their supply chain solutions.
- Yu, J. and Dong, Y., “Maximizing profit for vehicle routing under time and weight constraints,” submitted to International Journal of Production Economics, May 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.ijpe.2013.05.009.
- Volkert, R., Stracener, J. and Yu, J., “Incorporating a measure of uncertainty into systems of systems development performance measures,” INCOSE Journal of Systems Engineering, accepted for publication on December 29, 2012.
- Yu, J. and Hoff, R., “Optimal routing and assignment of consultants for Energy Education, Inc.,” Interfaces, Vol. 43(2), 2013, pp. 142-151.
Bijan, Y., Yu, J., Stracener, J. and Woods, T., “Systems requirements engineering – state of the methodology,” INCOSE Journal of Systems Engineering, advance online publication on October 2012, doi: 10.1002/sys.21227.
- Volkert, R., Stracener, J. and Yu, J., “A framework for performance prediction during development of systems of systems,” International Journal of System of Systems Engineering, Vol. 3, April 2012, pp. 76-95.
- Yu, J., Sarker, B. R., Duan, Q. and Wu, B., “Single-manufacturer, multi-retailer consignment policy for retailers’ generalized demand distributions,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol. 63, 2012, pp. 1708-1719.
- Tahmasebi, H., Yu, J. and Sarker, B. R., “An integrated production-supply system with uncertain demand, nonlinear lead time and allowable shortages,” International Journal of Operations Research and Information Systems, Vol. 3(4), 2012, pp. 1-18.
- Yu, J., Mungan, D. and Sarker, B. R., “An integrated multi-stage supply chain inventory model under an infinite planning horizon and continuous price decrease,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 61, August 2011, pp. 118-130.
- Mungan, D., Yu, J. and Sarker, B. R., “Manufacturing lot-sizing, procurement and delivery schedules over a finite planning horizon,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 48, June 2010, pp. 3619-3636.
- Sarker, B. R. and Yu, J., “A quadra-directional decomposition heuristic for a two-dimensional, non-equidistant machine-cell location problem,” Computers and Operations Research, Vol. 34, January 2007, pp. 107-151.
- Yu, J. and Sarker, B. R., “A directional decomposition heuristic for one-dimensional, non-equidistant machine-cell location problems,” Computers and Operations Research, Vol. 33, January 2006, pp. 64-92.
- Yu, J. and Sarker, B. R., “Directional decomposition heuristic for a linear machine-cell location problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 149, August 2003, pp. 142-184.
- Sarker, B. R. and Yu, J., “Lot sizing and cyclic scheduling for multiple products in a flow shop,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 30, September 1996, pp. 799-808.
- Sarker, B. R. and Yu, J., “A balanced maintenance schedule for a failure-prone system,” International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol. 12, September 1995, pp. 181-189.
- Sarker, B. R. and Yu, J., “A two-phase procedure for duplicating bottleneck machines in linear layout, cellular manufacturing system,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 32, No. 9, September 1994, pp. 2049-2066.