Dr. Phillip Kreth
Phone: (931) 393-7484
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University, 2008
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University, 2015
Dissertation: “High-Frequency, Resonance-Enhanced Microactuators with Active Structures for High-Speed Flow Control”; advisor: F. S. Alvi
- 2018-present – Assistant Professor, The University of Tennessee Space Institute
- 2016-2018– Research Assistant Professor, The University of Tennessee Space Institute
- 2015-2016 – Adjunct Assistant Professor, Florida State University
- 2015-2016 – Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Florida State University
- 2008-2015 – Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant, Florida State University
- Active flow control
- Actuator development
- Optical diagnostics (especially high-speed)
- Shock Wave/Boundary Layer Interactions
Selected Publications, Proceedings, and Presentations
- F S Alvi, M Y Ali, and P A Kreth, “Flow and Noise Control Using Microjet Arrays: Low Speed to Supersonic Flows.”
- C S Combs, E L Lash, P A Kreth, and J D Schmisseur, “Investigating the Unsteady Dynamics of Cylinder-Induced Shock-Wave/Transitional Boundary Layer Interactions.”
- C S Combs, P A Kreth, J D Schmisseur, and E L Lash, “An Image-Based Analysis of Shock-Wave/Boundary Layer Interaction Unsteadiness.” <em>AIAA Journal</em>, accepted for publication, 2017.
- Kreth, P. and F. S. Alvi, “The Effects of High-Frequency, Supersonic Microjet Injection on a High-Speed Cavity Flow.” AIAA Journal, in preparation.
- Kreth, P., M. Y. Ali, E. J. Fernandez, and F. S. Alvi, “Velocity Field Measurements on High-Frequency, Supersonic Microactuators.” Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 57, No. 5, pp. 1-13, 2016.
- Kreth, P., F. S. Alvi, B. M. Reese, and W. S. Oates, “Control of High-Frequency Micro-Actuators using Active Structures.” Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 1-15, 2015.
- Kreth, P., E. J. Fernandez, M. Y. Ali, and F. S. Alvi, “High-Magnification Velocity Field Measurements on High-Frequency, Supersonic Microactuators.” 67th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Vol. 59, No. 20, San Francisco, CA, Nov. 23-25, 2014.
- Kreth, P. and F. S. Alvi, “Microjet-Based Active Flow Control on a Fixed Wing UAV.” Journal of Flow Control, Measurements & Visualization, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 32-41, 2014.
- Kreth, P., J. P. R. Gustavsson, F. S. Alvi, and W. Oates, “Studies on the Resonance-Enhanced Micro-Actuator with Active Structures.” AIAA Paper 2012-3240, 6th AIAA Flow Control Conference, New Orleans, LA, Jun. 25-28, 2012.
- Kreth, P., J. T. Solomon, F. S. Alvi, and W. Oates, “Resonance-Enhanced High-Frequency Micro-Actuators with Active Structures.” AIAA Paper 2011-2939, 17th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference (32nd AIAA Aeroacoustics Conference), Portland, OR, Jun. 5-8, 2011.
- Kreth, P., F. Alvi, V. Kumar, and R. Kumar, “Microjet Based Active Flow Control on a Fixed Wing UAV.” AIAA Paper 2010-1260, 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Orlando, FL, Jan. 4-7, 2010.