The UTSI mailroom processes USPS, FedEx, and intra-campus University related mail. All University mail, either USPS or FedEx, must have a signed and completed Mail Form. The form provides account charged and delivery service.
Mail Delivery and Pick-up times
- Mailroom location: Lower D-Wing
- Staffed: Business days from 1400 – 1430.
- Mail received at the mailroom or Physical Plant prior to 1030 will go out the same day.
- Mail received at the mailroom or Physical Plant after 1030 will go out the next business day.
- FedEx will go out the same day, provided it is received at the mailroom or Physical Plant by 1515.
Note: A courtesy email will be sent if the time changes.
- UPS is not used by the University, but still delivers to UTSI and will pickup packages with a prepaid UPS label. Reminder, a UPS pickup will only occur when UPS has a delivery for UTSI.
UTSI does not provide services for personal postage. Visit your local post office if you need a stamp.
- Students. The mailroom will process personal mail for dorm residents.
- Faculty and Staff. The mailroom is not responsible for processing personal mail for Faculty and Staff. As a courtesy, the UTSI mailroom will process outgoing personal mail that has postage.
- Retirees, Graduates, Others. It is important that personnel departing UTSI provide a forwarding address prior to leaving the campus. If a forwarding address is provided, the mailroom will forward mail received to the address provided for three (3) months following the date of departure. After three months, mail received will be returned to sender. If a forwarding address is not provided, mail received will be returned to sender.
USPS Online Change of Address Form
- Exception to the Rule. If you are sending a personal UPS or FedEx package you can leave it at the Physical Plant for pickup, provided the package has a prepaid label.
Packages received will be available for pickup at the Physical Plant; personal delivery services by the mail clerk is not provided. The recipient will be notified by email or phone that they have a package at the Physical Plant for pickup. Unless otherwise notified, the recipient will have 3 business days to retrieve their mail, if not retrieved within the established timeframe, the package will be returned to sender.