ASSOCIATIONS and ORGANIZATIONS
- Advanced Materials & Processes Technology Information Analysis Center, U.S. Department of Defense (AMPTIAC)
The DoD Center of Excellence responsible for acquiring, archiving, analyzing, synthesizing, and disseminating scientific and technical information related to advanced materials, manufacturing, and testing (AMMT).
- ASM International: The Materials Information Society
The premiere resource for information and networking for materials engineers, scientists, researchers, teachers, and students. ASM’s mission is to benefit the materials community by providing scientific, engineering and technical knowledge, education, networking and professional development.
- Center for Functional Nanomaterials, Brookhaven National Laboratory
Provides state-of-the-art capabilities for the fabrication and study of nanoscale materials, with an emphasis on atomic-level tailoring to achieve desired properties and functions.
- International Association of Nanotechnology
A non-profit organization with the goals to foster scientific research and business development in the areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for the benefit of society.
- Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society. Provides a brief introduction and history of MSE, as well as career information.
- Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
Conducts research in materials science areas of interest to NIST.
- Network for Computational Nanotechnology
Has a mission to connect theory, experiment, and computation in a way that makes a difference to the future of nanotechnology.
- Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
An international professional member society, provides information on new materials and processing technologies through chapter technical presentations, two journal publications, symposia and commercial expositions in which professionals can exchange ideas and air their views.
- A+ Materials Science and Engineering Glossary of Terms
The AZoM (A to Z of Materials) website contains a large collection of information based on the Internet. Information is located in a directory of information (Materials, Applications, Jobs, etc.); a searchable database of websites of materials research organizations, suppliers, and publications; and, a searchable database of materials data (from NIST). There is also a news briefs section.
- BUBL: Materials science
Collection of links to websites with materials science and engineering information.
- Materials Digital Library
This resource is part of the NSF’s National Science Digital Library (NSDL) program. It contains a number of article and fact databases related to various materials science topics. Many of the individual databases are listed in the appropriate sections of this guide.
- Materials Science Resources on the Web
Materials science web sites. Maintained by Iowa State University
A searchable database of material data sheets, including property information on thermoplastic and thermoset polymers.
- Materials Research Center at The University of Chicago
Addresses fundamental scientific problems of technological significance which require an approach that transcends traditional disciplines.
A website to bring together instructional materials on nanotechnology for colleges and universities. It is part of the National Science Foundation’s sponsored Network for Computational Nanotechnology.
- Physics Reference Data NIST
- Rensselaer Institute of Technology Nanotechnology Center