ASSOCIATIONS and ORGANIZATIONS
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
Provides programs and services that promote mathematical research and its uses, strengthens mathematical education, and fosters awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and to everyday life.
- Mathematical Association of American (MAA) Provides a forum for educators, students, professionals, and math enthusiasts to share ideas, keep abreast of developments in the mathematical community, enhance their careers, and make new friends.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics The public voice of mathematics education, providing vision, leadership and professional development to support teachers in ensuring equitable mathematics learning of the highest quality for all students.
- Societies, Associations, and Organizations
Wide assortment of mathematics-related groups.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
Ensures the strongest interactions between mathematics and other scientific and technological communities through membership activities, publication of journals and books, and conferences.
Open access to 420,900+ e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitative Biology (maintained at Cornell University)
- Doing Physics with Quaternions
A research effort to see how much of standard physics can be done using only quaternions, a 4-dimensional division algebra.
- Euler Number
Explanations and examples of Euler numbers, also called the secant numbers or zig numbers.
- Introduction to Quaternions
Discovery and elementary properties of the `hyper-complex’ numbers.
- Introduction to Wavelets
An introduction to wavelets by Amara Graps.
- MATLAB Tensor Toolbox Version 2.2 (released Jan. 10, 2007)
Provides the following classes for manipulating dense, sparse, and structured tensors using MATLAB’s object-oriented features: tensor, sptensor, tenmat, sptenmat, ttensor, and ktensor.
- NA Digest
A collection of articles on topics related to numerical analysis and those who practice it.
- Topics in Mathematics
A listing of mathematical resources
- Wavelet Digest
This site offers several services intended to foster the exchange of knowledge and viewpoints related to theory and applications of wavelets.
- Wolfram MathWorld
Extensive mathematical resource, provided as a free service to the world’s mathematics and internet communities as part of a commitment to education and educational outreach by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica
- Yahoo Directory of Mathematics
- Zentralblatt MATH
The world’s most complete and longest running abstracting and reviewing service in pure and applied mathematics.