Welcome to the University of Tennessee Space Institute! We are so glad that you have joined our UTSI Family! Our entire HR Team is committed to ensuring your transition to the University of Tennessee Space Institute is as comfortable and seamless as possible. Please thoroughly review the following important information and feel free to contact the UTSI Human Resources office at email@example.com with any questions.
When you come to campus, to comply with COVID-19 safety requirements, you will need to maintain social distancing, wear face coverings, and complete a Visitor Health Screening Form on your first day.
- New Employee Presentation – Enrollment in Benefits
- Insurance Eligibility and Enrollment Guide
- Benefit To Do List
- Health Insurance Marketplace Letter
- TennCare Notice
- Return completed forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or set up an in-office appointment with Pam Ledford by emailing email@example.com or call 931-393-7504.
Due within 30 days of hire date – Before filling out forms, please save to your computer to ensure that changes are kept.
Due within 30 days of hire date
- Voluntary Accidental Death Enrollment Application – – Securian Handbook – See page 7 for coverage information, see page 8 for premium information.
- Voluntary Group Term Life Insurance – Securian Handbook – Must enroll online. See page 4 and 5 of Securian Handbook for coverage and premium information. See page 9 for how to enroll online. Your Edison ID is required. Please contact Pam Ledford for your Edison ID.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance Program Waiver Form
- Long Term Disability (Lincoln Financial Group)
- Short Term Disability
- To enroll, see Part 6 on Insurance Enrollment Change Application.
- 2022 Flexible Spending (FSA) (Enrollment form for new hires)
- 2022 Health Savings (HSA) (Payroll Deduction Form)
- Biweekly Employee Holdback Form (can be submitted at any time)
- Partners for Health website – Information on insurance options, providers, premiums, and pharmacy benefits etc.
- Partners for Health videos – Helpful videos about benefit options. Scroll down to Insurance 101 – Ignore videos about Edison and the state’s Long Term Disability plan.
- UT/UTSI Employment Benefits Overview – if questions regarding any of these topics, please contact Pam Ledford, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 931-393-7504.
- UT Holidays and Administrative Closing schedule
- To request a Zoom benefit session, please contact Pam Ledford – email@example.com or call 931-393-7504.
- UT Policies
- UTSI Human Resources Procedures
- UT Policy Highlights
- Probationary Period information HR0135 (staff employees)
- University Code of Conduct HR0580
- Equal Employment Opportunity HR0220
- Sexual Harassment and other Discriminatory Harassment HR0280
- Grievance Policy and Procedure if non-exempt HR0640
- Educational Assistance HR0330 – UTSI Procedure 0330
- Educational Assistance for Spouse & Dependent Children HR0331 – UTSI Procedure 0331
- Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Institutions
- Summary of Benefits Coverage
- UT Career Development Fund
- UTSI HR Staff Training & Development Program
- State of Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program – The State Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides free CONFIDENTIAL short-term counseling, financial counseling, and brief legal advice for regular employees who are scheduled to work at least 75% (30 hours per week) time.
- TNStars College Savings 529 Program
- UT Campus Chest
- Equity and Diversity / ADA information
- Title IX Sexual Harassment
- Submit Educational Degree for verification if required in job announcement to UTSI HR office.
- Informational materials and forms:
- Return completed forms to the UTSI Human Resources office in Lower C wing or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type ENCRYPT in the subject line to secure the email.
- UT Retirement Services – For questions regarding the retirement, please email email@example.com or call 865-974-5251.
- UTSI main contact: Pam Ledford, UTSI Human Resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 931-393-7504.