E-Verify Compliance Procedures
Effective November 11, 2009, the University of Tennessee is required to participate in the E-Verify program for any federal contract that contains the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clause number 52.222-54. E-verify is a free, internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It allows an employer, using information reported on an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. This is a requirement for prime federal contracts with a period of performance longer than 120 days and a value above the simplified acquisition threshold ($100,000). The rule covers subcontractors if a prime contract includes the clause. For subcontracts that flow from those prime contracts, the rule extends the E-Verify requirement to subcontract for services or for construction with a value over $3,000.
If you are required to E-Verify, you will be contacted by the UTSI Research Office and/or the UTSI Human Resources Office.
For additional information on UTSI’s e-verify procedure and form, please see below:
Online Pay Statements
In keeping with the university’s efforts to reduce costs, employees now have on-line access to their pay statements. For more information on this process, please refer to the following links:
The online pay statements are accessed using NetID. For more information regarding NetID (setup, reset, changing passwords).
If you have questions regarding payroll actions for: Regular (permanent) and Term (temporary) employees, Students and Graduate Research Assistants, Faculty and Adjunct instructors, contact Courtney Maricle-Frazier at ext. 37267.
Timesheets are the responsibility of the Business Office. Please email approved timesheets and/or questions to email@example.com
- I – 9 Employment Eligibility Verification and lists of acceptable documents
- IRIS HR/Payroll Forms
- Non–US Citizens
- Biweekly Employee Holdback
- Online W-2 form – In order to access your online W-2 forms, sign on using your University NetID and password. This is the same ID and password used to access the online pay statements.
Direct Deposit Information
- Direct Deposit Form New Employee
- In addition to the direct deposit form, please provide one of the following: A voided check, a letter from the bank with account and routing information, or a copy of the Account card.
- Direct Deposit Change Current Employees – You will need your NetID and Password to access the direct deposit portal
- Please notify Courtney Maricle-Frazier in the UTSI Human Resources Office of payroll questions or concerns.