The UT Space Institute is taking preventive measures to ensure the health and safety of employees and students while also ensuring the continuity of business operations. With the availability of free vaccinations and diagnostic testing, COVID-19 is being treated like other infectious diseases. The submission of the Self-Isolation form is no longer required, however stay in contact with your supervisor / advisor regarding your status.
COVID-19 Community Levels
As of March 2023, the COVID-19 community transmission level for surrounding counties:
- Bedford – LOW
- Coffee – LOW
- Franklin – LOW
- Grundy – LOW
- Moore – LOW
- Rutherford – LOW
If You Are Sick
The symptoms of COVID-19 and Influenza (the Flu) are very similar, but the treatment for each is very different. People with COVID-19 can have a wide range of symptoms, some experience no symptoms, while others may have symptoms ranging from mild to severe or even emergent illness. The same symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection can also be seen with other illnesses, that is why it is important to contact your healthcare provider for the correct diagnosis and treatment for your recovery.
As a reminder, when symptoms occur, they may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with the following symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible COVID-19 symptoms.
If you are sick:
- Stay home
- Avoid being around others as much as possible
- Contact your health care provider for any symptoms that are worsening, moderate to severe, or concerning to you.
- Contact your supervisor / advisor and based upon your symptoms, utilize the CDC Isolation and Exposure calculator – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html – to determine timeframe for isolation.
- Contact your health care provider for the correct diagnosis and recovery plan.
If you have any questions, please contact the UTSI COVID Coordinator at 931-393-7260 or the UTSI HR office at 931-393-7226.