Recruitment is underway for Graduate Research Assistants in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Tennessee Space Institute located in Tullahoma, Tennessee. Recipients will receive a monthly stipend that includes tuition, maintenance fees, and health insurance.
If you would like to apply for a graduate research assistantship or fellowship at the University of Tennessee Space Institute (UTSI) the following is required.
- Application for Research Assistantship or Fellowship
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE general test report (all majors)–may be copy
You can submit the items above in one of two ways.
- During the completion of your online application for admission to the University of Tennessee Space Institute, Tullahoma campus location.
- Submit the above items separately by mailing to the address below. You have to apply for admission to the graduate school at UTSI in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate research assistantship at UTSI.
- Mailing Address: University of Tennessee Space Institute, Admissions and Recruiting Department, Mailstop 01, 411 B. H. Goethert Parkway, Tullahoma, Tennessee, 37388.
Graduate research assistantships are initially awarded for 12 month appointments and may be renewed based upon satisfactory progress toward degree goals and research work and the availability of funding. Graduate research assistantships provide tuition, maintenance fee, medical insurance and a stipend. The current stipend rate for a MS student is $21,496.68 for one year. The current stipend rate for a PhD student is $24,563.26 for one year. The current stipend rate for a PhD with Candidacy student is $28,128.54 for one year.
Normally, students will need a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale to be competitive for an award upon entry. For U.S. citizens and permanent residents, there are no application deadlines for admission or financial aid. For international students, please refer to the International Student Admission deadlines. Early application will greatly increase the possibility of receiving financial support.
If you have questions about the application process, contact the Admissions office or call toll-free (888) 822-8874 ext. 37228.
To be eligible for a graduate research assistantship you must be a full-time student.
Phone: (931) 393-7228