For all new accounts, your UTSI username will be the first letter of your first name and up to seven characters of your last name. Your username will be determined from the information you gave above. Whenever we receive your request a temporary password will be sent to the new user that must be changed upon setting up your account.
Passwords must be at least eight characters long and must contain upper and lowercase letters and numerals.
Please provide the name of your supervisor/advisor. In case your username already exists in our directory, or we need to contact you, please provide us a means to do so.
Passwords must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Be at least eight characters in length.
Contain characters from all of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created. If your password does not meet requirements you will receive a notification to submit a new request.