UTSI Site Licenses
- Origin Lab – a complete graphing and data analysis software package that provides a suite of features catering to the needs of scientists and engineers. The zip file contains instruction for installing the product.
- SolidWorks – SolidWorks offers complete 3D software tools that let you create, simulate, publish, and manage your data. Download is in zip format and must be extracted before installation. SolidWorks Education is for Instructional use only. The Education User License Agreement – Education Edition.
- Mathematica – UTSI has a site license for this computational package. The install instructions are for version 8, but should still represent a typical install.
- ANSYS – ANSYS Academic Research package allows users to create complex simulations and test real-world application. 32-bit installers are available upon request.
- ANSYSxLINUX – ANSYS Academic Research package allows users to create complex simulations and test real-world application.
- MATLAB – is a programming and numeric computing platform used by millions of engineers and scientists to analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models.
- LabVIEW – is a graphical programming environment engineers use to develop automated research, validation, and production test systems.
- Pointwise – is the choice for CFD (computational fluid dynamics) mesh generation, covering all of preprocessing from geometry model import to flow solver.
- Tecplot – Tecplot post-processing tools for CFD, other simulations and experimental data help you discover, analyze and communicate results.
UT Site Licenses
As part of the UT campus, faculty, staff and students now have access to UT site licenses. Use your NetID to access.
Also, several free applications and utilities that we install on most UTSI PCs are listed below.
- Malwarebyte – anti malware
- Spybot – anti spyware
- AVG AntiVirus – free basic antivirus software
- Adobe Reader – Adobe Acrobat viewer
- Real Player
- VLC player – great free audio/video free media player
Please submit a service ticket to request software download.
There are site software packages that have been purchased for use by UTSI Faculty, Staff, and Students.