UT Office of Benefits and Retirement Services



Deferred Compensation

401(k), Roth 401(k), 457, 403b

Helpful Resources

401(k)/457– State matches $50 per month on 401(k)

Enrollment in and changes to 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans will now be done online by logging into the RetireReadyTN website or by contacting a representative at the RetireReadyTN Call Center at 1-800-922-7772 between 8 am CT-7pm CT Monday-Friday.  Paper forms will no longer be accepted per UT Retirement Services.

How do I register for On-Line account access for 401(k) & 457 accounts? If you have not used the online portal, it is very easy to get started. Just click on, scroll down and click on “Login to your 401(k)/457 accounts” and then click “Register” and follow the prompts.  You may call 1-800-922-7772 for assistance.  Once you are logged into the system, you can view your daily account values, change future contributions, transfer among funds, compare your current values to any previous day’s values, change your future investment direction, look at your beneficiary designation, review your deposits, etc.


To enroll in a 403(b) plan, contact your company of choice and request a 403(b) enrollment form to complete and include with the UT 403(b) enrollment/change formbeing submitted to the UT Office of Benefits and Retirement. (click here to see list of providers).

To change your 403(b) investment allocations or terminate your plan, please contact your 403(b) provider.

Retiree Insurance

If you qualify under the State of Tennessee’s Insurance Committee rules, you may continue insurance coverage for yourself and your dependents into retirement.