UTSI SUMMER RESEARCH INTERN PROGRAM
APPLICATION PROCESS CLOSED. ALL SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED FOR 2021. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE 2022 SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM, PLEASE EMAIL ADMIT@UTSI.EDU TO BE ADDED TO OUR NOTIFICATIONS LIST. OTHERWISE, PLEASE CHECK BACK ON THIS WEBSITE IN JANUARY 2022. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN THE PROGRAM.
HOW TO APPLY – APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To apply, please complete ALL of the following steps:
- Complete Online Application – keyword 20000001FQ through the following site:
- Attach Resume to Online Application.
- Attach Academic Transcript to Online Application. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Attach Letter of Recommendation to Online Application. Letters of recommendation may also be submitted directly to the firstname.lastname@example.org email box. Please reference the applicant’s name and include “Letter of Recommendation” in subject line – Example: Jane A. Student – Letter of Recommendation.
- Attach Completed Addendum to Online Application. Before filling out this form, please save it to your computer to ensure that changes are kept. The addendum is available for download at the following site: https://www.utsi.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/application_addendum_12-13-18_G-1.pdf
For best consideration, applications for the internship should be submitted by March 5, 2021. Applications received after this date will be reviewed if all slots have not been filled.
Applicants may be interviewed. Successful applicants will be notified by March 31, 2021.
REQUIREMENTS: These internships are open to undergraduate students who are majoring in physics, chemistry, material science, computer science, mathematics, all branches of engineering, and related fields. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older. Depending upon the fund source, U.S. citizenship may be a requirement. Candidates must have an interest in attending graduate school at UTSI. Candidates should also have enthusiasm for research, a desire to learn, and the ability to work well with others.
HOUSING INFORMATION: A limited amount of on-campus housing is available for summer research interns. Rooms in the dormitory, adjacent to beautiful Woods Reservoir, can be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sharing of a room with a room-mate may be required. The cost of the dorm room is not included in the stipend for the internship and must be paid out-of-pocket by the intern. Pending COVID-19 developments, availability of rooms could be affected.
INQUIRIES CAN BE MADE TO: UTSI Human Resources, Equity & Diversity, and Institutional Compliance, Email: email@example.com – Ph: 931-393-7226 – https://www.utsi.edu/utsi-summer-research-intern-program/
The University of Tennessee Space Institute is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status.