|Thesis/Dissertation Consultant:||Sarah Stone
111 Student Services Bldg
Knoxville, TN 37996-0211
Phone: (865) 974-1337
|UT Thesis/Dissertation website:||http://web.utk.edu/~thesis|
|UT ETD (electronic thesis/ dissertation) website:||http://web.utk.edu/~thesis/etd.shtml
|UT’s Guide to the Preparation of Theses and Dissertations:||http://web.utk.edu/%7ethesis/guide10.pdf|
|Thesis Workshop||We will be conducting one-on-one sessions here at UTSI. If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|UT’s Index of Electronic Theses and Dissertations (previously approved ETDs; searchable by major):||http://diglib.lib.utk.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=etd-bib;cc=etd-bib;page=index
Deadline Dates for Graduation:
|UT Graduate Studies Deadline Dates for Graduation (deadline dates for all requirements):||http://gradstudies.utk.edu/ddategraduation.shtml|
Thesis/Dissertation Submission Requirements
The requirements/items needed for electronic submission are listed below. All items must be submitted together.
1) One Adobe® Acrobat® pdf file of your thesis/dissertation, including electronic approval sheet (download sample from ETD website,http://etd.utk.edu/sample.pdf)
2) Original file(s) used to create the document (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, multimedia software package files)
3) One paper approval sheet with original signatures on any brand of acid free paper
4) (Doctoral candidates only) Doctoral forms, which consist of Survey of Earned Doctorates, Doctoral Dissertation Agreement Form, and a half sheet abstract form
The requirements/items needed for paper submission are listed below. All items must be submitted together.
1) Two loose-leaf, double sided copies of the thesis/dissertation on 100% cotton, 24 pound paper in an 8 ½ by 11 inch box
2) Two paper approval sheets on same brand 100% cotton, 24 pound paper with original signatures
3) (Doctoral candidates only) Doctoral forms, which consist of Survey of Earned Doctorates, Doctoral Dissertation Agreement Form, and a half sheet abstract form
Creating a PDF File:
Our favorite freebie PDF creator utility is PrimoPDF. Convert to PDF from any application by simply ‘printing’ to the PrimoPDF® printer driver.